Tuesday, September 6, 2011

do not be anxious.



I was dealing with lower abdominal and back pain the past week and I will admit I was a little concerned and anxious. I've never experienced anything like it before so I was nervous. After 2 days I knew I had to get in to see the dr. And I wanted to especially before we left for the weekend.  I was going to call that morning.


As I opened up my devotion that morning, this is what I read: Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." And I reread it about 5 times. 

I love when God talks to you through His word. It is the ultimate comfort and constant reminder that He is always with you and will never leave you. This verse continued to play over and over in my head throughout the day.

Then I called the dr to get in. The first available was wed. :/ But, when she checked again for me my dr had a cancellation that day and was able to get me in at one. It couldn't have worked out more perfect (Bobby's lunchtime so he dropped me off and grabbed lunch with the boys and was back in time for me to finish.. and it left me enough time for me to pick up Ella after I dropped him back off). I was so thankful.

I was also thankful to learn that it was a ruptured cyst and nothing more serious. I know a lot of women get them really bad and it's very painful. Luckily, my body has handled it ok and the pain should subside within a week. Phew. I felt relieved. And definitely acknowledged my answered prayers.
Such a blessing to know God's hand was on my situation.
Thank you, God, for never leaving my side and for always helping me find peace in your word.


No comments:

Post a Comment